Sunday 20 April 2008

April 20th

Well, happy 4/20 everyone. I hope your days have all been fantastic. Mine, not so much. I was covering two nightshifts this weekend at a hotel near here for a friend of a matt's. I was very happy to finally be having some cash coming in instead of going out. The shifts were from midnight until 8am Friday and Saturday night, so I was awake at midnight and 4:20 on today, the most infamous of days (Hitler's birthday, is of course what I'm referring to). So I was awake, but oblivious when, sometime this morning, disaster struck. Someone stole my ipod, right out of my fucking backpack, which was sitting (i'd assumed safely) in the hotel's laundry room. Fun times? Not so much. I discovered it this afternoon when I opened my backpack only to discover a big gapping whole where my music should have been. This time last year I was sitting out on the lawn in front of Bateman, absolutely fascinated by the clouds passing by, with my biggest concern being how to get the bits of bubble tea pearls out of my teeth.

I miss st paul. I miss macalester. I miss all of you.

No comments: